Sunday, April 6, 2014

Here Comes the Sun Do-do-do-do

March 31st-April 3rd, 2014

Yes, there's been some drizzling but overall this week has been quite lovely and I think my sweaters will soon be more than redundant.

There was another sales meeting this week that both the other intern and I had been trying to help prep TI Sheets for last week, and there were plenty more people in there than the last time. Not that that increased how long the meeting lasted, it was still about 15-20 minutes tops.

The other intern (she looks like Anna from Frozen--even has the streak in her hair, so let's call her Anna) turned 22 over the weekend, and since everyone in the office wasn't there until Wednesday, that's when cake was ordered to officially celebrate among coworkers. Anna picked a vanilla cake with chocolate butter cream frosting and it was a good decision, even if most of my icing was scraped onto my plate. Sacrilegious, I know.

There were also two more big releases for us, both the announcement of Patrick Rothfuss's novella in his Kingkiller Chronicle series (sorry--not the third book yet!) called The Slow Regard of Silent Things featuring Auri, a side character, and her home life in the Underthing; and the announcement of a new Tad Williams trilogy from his Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy universe. I've not read any Tad Williams yet, sadly, but that's supposed to be one of his most famous works and has been promptly been added to my ever-growing list.

Tad Williams (left); Patrick Rothfuss (right)*
*The novella cover hasn't been released yet

















I've also been waiting for a long while to try out a food combination I'd read about in the Toby Daye series. Since my trip to the Tea and Coffee Festival, I had just the thing I needed. I had an iced coffee in my fridge, and popped off to the store for some Lucky Charms.

They were surprisingly magically delicious and breakfast has never made me more awake. My supervisor was so amused that it will be added to the social media some time in the next week. 

Sugar intake aside, the project I've got assigned from this week is to choose one of the manuscript's I've read and loved--ONE--and write up a sales pitch for it for Wednesday. Not just write it, but practice it for my supervisor and deliver it to the editor. I'd mentioned this possibility in earlier posts, but now I've got a deadline on it so it must be real. I'm so excited! And nervous! It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment