Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fingers Crossed

April 7th-8th, 2014

I've definitely gone through over twenty manuscripts from the slush pile throughout the whole semester. That does not include "priority manuscripts" or books I've read on my own. That's kind of awesome.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a super reader--I've only read the entire manuscript of a few books, and usually get to around page 100 before I write a report, or some I only get past page 20. It really varies.

On Monday I was invited to an Ohio Wesleyan promotion meet and greet of students, alumni, and prospective students from the New York City area. An alum who is now in a fancy PR company that did publicity for the last three Harry Potter books played host all the way up on the 28th floor, and giant glass windows that overlooked 7th and Broadway. I actually went because they asked me to and I heard there'd be snacks, but the view was pretty nice too, even in the rain.

Not that I should be surprised that NYC turns out future thespians, but several of the prospective students were interested in studying theatre, and at least one of them is definitely coming to the school next semester. They spent a lot of time talking to me about the NYArts Program and campus and transportation in Ohio and all that. The funny thing really was that the girl I was talking to was a prospective student overnight to one of my friends. We sent her a picture entitled "LOOK WHO I MET". --Okay fine that story isn't very interesting, but I was entertained, and this is my blog. So I'm gonna share it anyway.

Really what this week amounts to for me is serious crunch time. Evaluations are due tomorrow, projects are due in less than two weeks. I'm trying to do my sales pitch for a manuscript tomorrow!

In a program without exams or classes: Welcome to Finals.

I'm also planning to go home this weekend for an intensive independent writing workshop. That also means I'm tempting fate that my laundry and last pair of socks holds out so I can bring all my dirty clothes with me. We'll see. Fingers crossed--on so many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment